Coulee Partners for Sustainability proudly presents…
Earth Fair 2012
A great big thank you to everyone who made the 2012 Earth Fair a fantastic success! Please visit our Volunteer Thank You Page and Vendor Thank You Page to view all of the wonderful individuals, businesses and organizations who came together to create a very special and successful 2012 La Crosse Earth Fair. There is also a gallery of Earth Fair photos.
Earth Day, Sunday, April 22
11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Myrick Park and the EcoPark
789 Myrick Drive, La Crosse, WI
The 2012 Earth Fair will be held on Earth Day, April 22, to celebrate this year’s theme: “Earth Day is Every Day!” To build on the success of the 2011 Earth Fair at the EcoPark, the 2012 Earth Fair will showcase a preview of the new outdoor adventure playscapes at the EcoPark.
This is the 4th Annual Earth Fair put on by Coulee Partners for Sustainability (CPS). CPS is a non-profit organization that formed in 2007 with the purpose of increasing environmental awareness in the Coulee Region through a variety of educational events. CPS’s aim is to involve people of all ages to share and spread the knowledge of environmental issues and discuss ways in which we can better our society and create a sustainable community. For more information on CPS, visit www.cpslax.org.
At a Glance…
This year’s Earth Fair has many activities planned, including but not limited to:
Spin-to-win door prizes throughout the day!
- First-of-the-season farmers market!
- Green vendors
- Food vending by People’s Food Co-op & The Root Note
- Live music by Jane and Kevin & Prairie Smoke
- Storytelling by Michael Scott
- Drum Circle by Drums for Peace.
Grand Green Prizes:
- Free one-month use of a Honda Civic GX from Honda Motorwerks (including fuel)
- Free Milk for a Year from Organic Valley
- Child’s bicycle from Bikes Limited
Workshops, Demonstrations, and Outdoor Activities:
- Live Raptor Demonstration
- Composting and Vermiculture Workshop
- “Share and Be Aware” Bicycle Class
- Focus on Energy Workshop
- Bird Identification Walk
- Marsh Walk
- Hans Mayer Concert
- Recyclable Arts and Crafts
- KidWind –www.kidwind.org
- Trail Building activity
- Live Worms Interactive Display
- Electricity Demonstration Bicycle
- Smokey Bear
- Outdoor Adventure Playscapes
- EcoPark Center additions and Forest Scramble Playscape by Whole Trees Architecture
- Bike valet and free bike inspections by Bikes Limited!
Bring non-perishable food item(s) for WAFER food pantry
And Much More!
Recycling Fair (In conjunction with Earth Fair)
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Emerson Elementary School: 2101 Campbell Road – 2 blocks from Earth Fair
Recycle electronics for free: cell phones, stereos, DVD & VCR players, TVs, computers and other small electronics (no appliances, thermostats, or smoke detectors). Businesses are welcome ($10 charge to businesses for TVs) – Sponsored by Dynamic Recycling
- Recycle ink cartridges – Sponsored by La Crosse Public Library
- Paper shredding – Sponsored by La Crosse Public Library
- Donate gently used and washed towels and washcloths and washable full-sized or smaller blankets. Also unused cat litter, Yesterday’s News, canned pet food, and dry kitten food. – Sponsored by Coulee Region Humane Society
Bring non-perishable item(s) for WAFER food pantry.
Receive another chance to win Grand Green Prize when you participate!
NEW! Spring Cleaning
Saturday, April 21, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. During this city-wide cleanup, teams will pick up trash from various locations including the La Crosse River Marsh, Hixon Forest, and La Crosse neighborhoods. Go to www.wiscorps.org for more information on the event and to have your group sign up for a clean-up site. Spring Cleaning is sponsored in partnership with Coulee Partners for Sustainability (CPS), Wisconsin Youth Conservation Corps Inc. (WisCorps), La Crosse River Marsh Coalition, and La Crosse County Solid Waste Department.